Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Making a Birthday Card

Nicholas loves to make birthday cards for people. He has a big "art cart" that we roll out to the kitchen table and he has all kinds of neat supplies to choose from - paint, crayons, markers, stickers, foam stamps, yarn, magazine cutouts, pipe cleaners, craft sticks, etc. Yes, I think my love for arts and crafts has rubbed off on him a little bit.

Here he is working on a birthday card for one of his teachers. He did the art work and wrote his name then he told me what I could help write on the card for him.









Nicholas writes well but he writes really large so he often can't even get his whole name on one line. But this is a common for beginner writers so I don't say much about it. However, it does kind of bug me when he runs out of space and then he just crams the rest of the letters in nearby. See the card above how he wrote the S above the A when he ran out of space. It drives me a little crazy but I just bite my tongue. He's doing great and will work this out in his own time.

No comments: