Sunday, March 30, 2008

Playing with Sidewalk Chalk

Nicholas and I love playing with sidewalk chalk. We just wish we had more concrete to draw on. Nicholas brought his phone outside because he said he might get an important call while we were out. Shortly after we started drawing, he got a "call" from Grandmother Chance. He said that Grandmother was on her way over to visit and she would be there any minute.







Nicholas asked me to draw his outline so I did. Notice how his pants are covered with chalk. He also had quite a bit smeared on his face too.



I drew some animal tracks on the sidewalk and asked Nicholas to identify them. He got them all correct - bird, dog, duck.



Then he told me to pretend that I was a bird and I had to walk on the tracks and then continue around the side of the house. That was pretty silly since we are out in our front yard as I'm flapping my arms pretending to be a bird in front of all of our neighbors :) Nicholas waited a moment for me to get out of sight then he followed my tracks as he pretended to make notes in his nature journal then he made a big deal out of finding me, the bird. Next, I had to repeat the game as I pretended to be the dog and then the duck. But Nicholas REALLY liked this game so once I had acted out all three animals, he had me start over again from the beginning. It was silly but fun!

No comments: